Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Back from a Back Breaking Break

I'm back from a little break and during my absence it seems that they (whoever "they" are or is or however that grammatically works.) have found "the missing link"- THE link that they claim links humans to lemurs.


Over the long weekend I was having an afternoon delight at one of my favorite spots in my neighbourhood. Over cheese, meats, wine and freshly baked cookies Mark informed me that Hobbits are in deed real. I've always claimed myself to be part hobbit (cheerful demeanor, strange feet and always has a second breakfast- sometimes even a second dinner!) but that would be based more on the J.R.R. Tolkien take on a Hobbit and not on what scientist are actually claiming hobbits to be.

interesting isn't it (though a little less magical then I had originally thought.) but it explains why a good chunk of men I date act like lemurs.

3 comments:

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

ooh, the things i've learned from your post!! very interesting...
xox

Rolley said...

HA, cool, I enjoyed reading those two articles.. ya learn something every day!

Wow, the Farm tasting kitchen looks awesome, ha, there's nothing like that in my area. I live too far north to be anywhere near the wine growing regions too, which is rather a shame - so there's not really anywhere to have wine tastings and stuff. I love wine too, being closer to wine culture would be fun, having access to cellars and stuff..

: )

amourissima said...

awwww- thank you both of you for your comments!

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou: One can never have too much useless information stored away from rainy days! Or at least that is one of my mottos

Rolley: 'Farm' is great! I didn't really get into wine or drinking it till I went on a little golf/spa/wine trip. There is a portion between Calgary (where I live) and Vancouver (the next biggest city west of Calgary) that is prime wine growing country. I took a week and learnt a lot wine (and golf). It was a great adventure!