Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wanted: Breakfast Buddy Liaison

WANTED :
One Breakfast Buddy
Must have healthy appetite, healthy attitude and enjoy good conversation. Offer open to Male or Female (catty women need not apply.) Please show up at my office before 8:15AM with an empty belly and a smile on your face. Offer not available on Fridays because it's just too damn busy.

I use to have a breakfast buddy at work *sigh* someone who I use to bug at just before 8am (because I am usually a bit of an early bird.) to go get breakfast with from the grill in my office building.

He'd pay and then I'd pay and then he'd pay and then I'd pay. By the end of it I had him hooked on cookies completing a breakfast and he had me hooked on Denver's. Half Denver's as they so affectionately became known as (see older post -which I need to find, I didn't intend to talk about this so I didn't do my hunting for links prior to writing.)...

It wasn't that I needed Pat there- I'm perfectly happy doing my thing on my own. I eat at restaurants by myself, go to movies by myself, take classes and travel by myself. It's not that I can't function in life without someone else by myself side... I just miss the company. He was my sidekick between 8:00-9:00am..

Life goes and when you are as young as me * ahem* people move along in their lives and so did he. He left for bigger and better things which I'm OK with. I still haven't found the right replacement Breakfast Buddy-
"Breakfast Buddy- yoo-whoooo??!! Are you out there???"

2 comments:

A "cheery" disposition said...

haha i love it. no catty women (i toally agree with that) i used to have breafast with my dad every morning before we both moved to two different states.

amourissima said...

Awww... I love that! :)