Thursday, June 25, 2009

B In The City: June 25- July 2 2009

Weekly list of some of the events going on in Calgary for the week of June 25th - July 2 2009

Calgary Jazz Festival
If jazz of any sort is your thing I've heard some amazing things so far.
June 24th- June 28th at various venues
See website for details and tickets

Russell Peters: 20th Anniversary Tour
Need I say more?
Playing one night at the Saddledome June 26th @ 8pm
Tickets still available $52.25-$100
NOTE: Russell Peters Official After Party at Flames Central, tickets $20

Paul Potts
Before Susan Boyle there was Paul Potts- Mum's everywhere (or at least mine) is waiting patiently for this night
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, June 28,
Tickets $49.50-$89.50

Free Gas at Shoppers Drug Mart
Spend $75 at Shoppers Drug Mart and receive a $20 Esso Gas Card (are there any Esso's left in the city?)
June 27th-27th


Stephen Avenue Walk Green Market (On Going)
Every Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm, Stephen Avenue Walk will be the location for a new green market. Fresh food, fresh music and fresh people...
Stephen Avenue Walk is situated along 8 Ave SW downtown.
Starting June 25th every Thursday till August.

Sled Island
I know I mentioned this last week but still... go.
June 24th- June 27th at various venues
Please see website for ticket info

AND I quote from the web page "One of Calgary's Newest & Hottest night clubs is so popular because of its OLD SCHOOL/RETRO vibe. Along with the funky decor, the DJ brings it back to the 80's & 90's with the best old school Mash-ups! Vinyl has revolutionized the night club scene by moving backwards through time. "
Didn't the place just open? I'm not a bar going kinda girl but who can turn down a retro dance party with a bunch of strangers?
located 213 10 Ave SW, Cover $8 (includes coat check)


My Choice Picks if I wasn't already slammed full of stuff this weekend:
Sled Island or Calgary Jazz Festival ... (or if you are particularly ambitious BOTH) nothing beats being music drunk. THOUGH if you are under the age of 25 you might actually want to go check out Vinyl but then I might doubt that you'd even remember the 80's. Of course I plan to buy some num-num's at the Stephen Avenue market this summer... I just forgot today. Tuna was calling my name and so was "Bear-a-me".

No comments: