Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hide-a-TV

I want to hide my TV- well... it's actually my computer but it's my TV too. I fought with my living room last night- I packed up and moved EVERYTHING out of there in an attempt to rearrange it (goal was to make the TV a non-focal point in the room). Long story short I put everything back to the way it was and got a bonus work out to boot (who needs the gym when you find yourself pulling a full sectional/hide-a-bed couch around for 3 hours... alone).

AARGH!!! My space is smallish (not New York apartment small but 1000 sq feet total small) and I'm trying to make the most of what I've got... I'm just frustrated. I want it all- I want a space that is comfortable and inviting for a casual night alone or with friends... AND I want to be able to entertain and not have an awkward TV in the way. I rent so I can mount much other then some art on the walls and I can't paint anything an exciting color.

I thought perhaps of putting a decorative screen in front of the space that houses my computer/TV/entertainment centre but that feels like even more bulk in an already small space. I've toyed with the idea of just getting rid of the whole lot but THEN what will I do when Gossip Girl comes back for it's 3 season... I'll have nothing to watch it on! *sigh* So perhaps I could create a space behind my stand that I can slip my screen into when I'm not using it? Lucky for me, most of the contraptions of my computer are hidden with the exception of the 24" monitor.

I understand that really, it's not that important. It's not like my life is going to end because my computer screen is the focal point of my room. I just want my place to feel like home and right now home is where the computer screen is. blah.

2 comments:

Yaya said...

What about one of those hideaway cabinets?

amourissima said...

Hmmm I had thought about that... maybe I'll look a little further and see if I can find something I like. Have you seen any that you like?