Friday, July 24, 2009

'Tis Friday... finally!

It's Friday, almost time to go home and I have a relaxing weekend planned. I just finished a project I've been working on all month- well to be honest I have to work on it EVERY month and I leave it to the last minute. It's because it's a lot of work and I have way more important things to do with the rest of my month like come on here and write rambly blogs and scour Craig's List for used, well priced treasures. Oh and Google stuff I want to learn about- that reminds me... I wanted to find out about the defining characteristics of Aspen vs. Poplar and Fir Trees vs. Pine. Anywhooo.... I will leave you now with a song I've been enjoying. It pretty much sums up my next week!


Have a lovely weekend! I'm off to go learn about trees so I hope to hear some stories on Monday!

(if you are reading this on Facebook look at the bottom of the post and click on "original post" to come to my blog and see the video.)

7 comments:

Rolley said...

hehe, i wonder when you posted this, its Saturday morning here, I'm cleaning, slightly hung over, AND desperately want to make a cup of coffee hehe.

Whats Aspen and Poplar? and.. what did you find out about the Fir and Pine trees? I saw in a doco that the Tiaga Forest produces some crazy amount of the world's oxygen, something like 2/3rds!! I can't remember though so I could be wrong. : ) It has some of the tallest trees in the world, some of the largest organisms on the planet : ) You just made me think about it talking about fir and pine trees!

Rolley said...

aw, i've come back to correct myself, my figures were way wrong (bad memory, BAD!) hehe. The Tiaga has 1/3 of all the trees in the world, and the amount of oxygen it produces changes the the composition of the atmosphere. hehe.

Ryan said...

I don't know about Fir vs. Pine, but I do know Spruce vs. Pine can be remembered as "Spruce Deuce" (or Sprucy Deucy for the cool kids) because spruce needles come in pairs when you pull em off.

Wait... my scout training is flashing back now... Fir needles are flat, but spruce needles will roll in your fingers. Is that right?

Miss Odukoya xx said...

i like the song
Nice blog

Kristin said...

How did your tree research go? I actually have to do some myself. We have a beautiful white flowering tree in our back yard and I have no idea what it is.

Michelle said...

Very cool tune.

Yaya said...

Hope you are having a nice summer!