Thursday, May 20, 2010

Calgary In Spring

I haven't been posting much recently mostly because the city is in full bloom and I can't get enough of being outside. Here are some pictures I took last week of an area just outside of downtown Calgary called Kensington. Now that I look at them a lot more has come to life, most of the trees in my area have a full dressing of leaves. The air is so deliciously fragrant with blossoms and fresh sap.

Who wouldn't want to live in a little character house #732?


Photobucket
My BFF's 3 legged cat, Tripod.



Photobucket
Down the back lane




Photobucket
I'm not sure what these little faces are but they are everywhere



Photobucket
This one looks like Chewie from Starwars


Photobucket
I'm not sure if this if function or fashion. It all goes so well together



Photobucket
Longer sunlight nights are a delight



Photobucket
Who wants a white picket fence when they can have a periwinkle blue one



Photobucket
This house is adorable



Photobucket
It even comes with a bike on the peak of the roof.




Photobucket
and a Gargoyle tree out front



Photobucket
These little guys have a watchful eye. They even get dressed up in Santa Hats over Christmas.


 
Hello Spring, so lovely to have you join us. It's been too long since I've seen you- hope you stay a while!

What does spring look like in your neighbourhood?

2 comments:

Rolley said...

that was a really enjoyable series of pics! heh.
spring here is nice too, we're just about to enter winter now though, dry cool weather with annoying shorter days heh.. lovely weather to go to the beach and sit in the sun though.

amourissima said...

Thanks Rolley!

Your winter sounds divine!