Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Last Exorcism

The Last Exorcism- a natural type of horror movie.


Last night I went to a screening of The Last Exorcism. I had no idea what I was getting into. I didn't even  know this movie existed. I have to admit that there has been a sever lack of worthwhile freaky movies in the last while. It takes a lot to creep me out but this movie actually did it. It was the wonderful balance of vagueness and the unknown that makes "The Last Exorcism" so powerful for me. It reminded me of The Blair Witch Project amped with the classic disturbance of the original Exorcist (which remains one of my favorite movies). The Last Exorcism is smart. It's funny and more importantly, it has it moments of sheer terror might just stay with you well past the point that you leave the theater.

I don't want to say to much because I think the best thing you can do is see it with a somewhat naked, unaware mind. Go see it (if you can) and come back and report to me what you thought and then we will talk.

No comments: