Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It Starts With Us: Love Bombing

This is Nate St. Pierre, we wants to change the world.

Some people think you have to be rich before you can start changing the world. Some people think you need to have power, fame or even a job (Don't get me wrong, I think jobs are great things and everyone should have one.). You don't have to be religious, selfless or a saint to make the lives of others better.  You don't. It can be smiling at a stranger crossing the street, giving a friend a hug or even as simple as "love bombing" a persons blog. Simple, small actions that requires minimum effort and has maximum output.


Have you heard of them? I didn't until just after just reading an article about them at The Calgary Herald. As I expressed yesterday, I like positive intention. Curious, I went to the site and here is a little synopses of what they are all about.

*
About:
The goal of ItStartsWith.Us is to build a global community of individuals focused on making a positive impact in the lives of the people around them.

Each and every one of us has the ability to change the world by touching lives in this way. And when we hear stories about the positive things others are doing, we become more aware of the opportunities we have to make a difference for the people around us.

We have a global team of thousands of people who join together each and every week to make a difference in this world. We have a Love Bomb team who provide hundreds of notes of love and encouragement to hurting people every week. We’re developing a Love Drop team who are beginning to give back financially to families who need a little help. I work with all kinds of organizations to show them how they can use this concept of micro-giving among digitally connected people to make a huge difference in their community.

We're changing the world, in just 15 minutes a week.

*
 
Pretty great isn't it. Simple but effective.
 
I don't belong to It Starts With Us -yet- but it seems intriguing. I like to do little things in my day-to-day life that brighten up the lives of those around me. I usually send people mail- all kinds of it at different times of the year for no reason at all. Give little packages of sweets to complete strangers or other things that might just make anothers day a little easier.
 
How about you? Are there little things that you do in your life that brings joy to other people. Random acts of kindness? Tell me, I'd love to know!

No comments: