Tuesday, November 9, 2010

79 Years of Life and Counting


My Dad, back row on the right.
It's 1946 and he is 15. He is already attending McGill University

I thought my Dad was older but thankfully he's only 79 years old. Born November 9th, 1931 in Donnacona, Quebec. I called him this morning on my walk into work and wished him a happy birthday. He laughed with pleasure when I asked him if he was taking the day off from work.He's not. He could take the day off, he is owns his own company but he likes to work and I doubt he will ever retire. He isn't taking the day off. He only takes Thursday afternoons off so he can go hiking with my mum and the dogs at our country house. There isn't anything frail about my Dad, I look at other 80 year olds and think how frail and aged they look but not my father. Though a little off balance at times, his mind is sharp. His eyes are sharp and so is his wit. How many 79 year olds do you know that text message?

My Dad is very special to me. When I was little I would dream about saving him from Monsters and burglars. I was Super Daughter. Now I spend time with him going to the opera and talking on the drive along the Cow Boy Trail.

I'm not really sure what I am trying to say in this post other then...

Happy Birthday Dad!

You teach me so much about life everyday. and I love you.

No comments: