Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confession: I Know My Skunk

"Ew. Something smells like Coffee, or pot... is that you?"

Sitting here at work the smell of something is wafting in through my office door. The funny thing is, I can't tell if it's coffee, pot or skunk. This happens to me a lot, when I'm walking down the street and I'll catch a whiff of something and it could indeed be any one of the three.
  • I don't drink coffee- I don't like the caffeine. the last cup of coffee I had was documented as a year ago. It was good but totally not my thing. I wish it were, it seems so cozy and romantic to spend a few lazy hours poured over a book or the paper at a local shop down the street. I have herbal tea instead. Or milk. Or just cookies.
  • Pot, I have even less experience with. All I've got for you on this one is I know people who smoke it and I watch the TV show Weeds.
  • Skunk, now that's something I know. Being an outdoorsy kind of girl who likes to take long walks with dogs, I've come across and been around a lot of skunks who have (to put it nicely) defended them selves. I can tell the difference between a baby and an adult just but the smell they let off. Lucky for me, I've never been the one sprayed but I've had to sit in the car with 4 smelly dogs for a few good hours on the way home from an encounter.

Considering my option, I'm pretty sure the smell I smell is coffee- the chances of a skunk getting loose at my work or someone smoking a joint down the hall are far less likely then someone brewing a fresh pot of coffee.

So that's me, what about you? Can you tell the difference? Are there any smells that you have a hard time trying to identify?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. I thought I was the only one who couldn't tell the difference. I literally can not tell the them apart.