Friday, April 1, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

First of all, this is not a food blog. Why? I don't want to commit to just one thing. I just want to talk about whatever the heck I want to talk about and not have to worry about direction.

Second of all... I am obsessed with food. I look at pictures all day long. Well, maybe not all day but if I am laying in bed waiting for something more than likley I am looking at food pictures or places to eat. My Twitter account is mostly all food, weather and news. Plus a little bit about local events in the city. Oh and science. I like science. And space. Anyway... back to food.

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.

That sentence alone is amazing and then pair it with this:


Amazing!!! Oh my god I need to go home right now and make these.

Why didn't I think of this? Maybe because I don't usually buy store bought cookies (except for baby cookies of course. Nummy-num-num) but.. wait.. I'm distracted, I forget what I was talking about. That picture is making my mouth water like the rainy season in Indonesia.

So yes, here is the method and the madness to this cookie:

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
recipe courtesy of Picky Palate

Ingredients:
•2 sticks butter, softened
•3/4 cup packed brown sugar
•1 cup white sugar
•2 large eggs
•1 tablespoon vanilla extract
•3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
•1 package Oreo cookies – I used Double Stuffed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer (you can also use a hand mixer), cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Chill the dough for 15 minutes to make it easier to work with and to keep the dough from spreading when baking.

Using a cookie scoop place one scoop of dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place another single scoop on the bottom of the Oreo to create a cookie sandwich. Seal the edges together to completely close in the Oreo.

Place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

Photos & recipe courtesy of: Picky Palate

oh my goodness... Delicious!!

1 comment:

amourissima said...

Okay, I made these on Friday... THEY WERE HUGE! Like eating giant cookie hamburgers! but they were tasty! Also, they made good noses for a snow man.