Friday, May 27, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

this was thoughtful of you

It's sweet when a stranger comes in and waits a half hour just to give you a coffee they picked up for you. Just because. Just because they like how happy and nice you are. Just because they appreciate what you've done for them. I've never met the guy, only talked to him over the phone for work a few times to help him out. I could care less about the nitty gritty parts of my job (the accounting/spreadsheet part. I'm a problem solver and a people lover- not a number cruncher) but I am always here for the Field guys. They are my priority. I want to make sure they are taken care of.

I didn't tell him but I don't drink coffee, I was touched by his kindness but I gave the coffee to my co-worker. I knew it wouldn't go to waste. This was something that I didn't feel right about wasting. It's not about the coffee, it's about the gesture.

It's always nice to be appreciated.


No comments: