Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings


Tonight I am seeing Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings play at U of C.

Never heard of them and even now, I'm reluctant to listen to things because I have a feeling I'm going to ruin a surprise.

If you wish though, here are some songs (which I have not listened too BTW):

Sharon Jones 100 Days, 100 Nights

and this:


Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings - "She Ain't A Child No More" - WOXY Lounge SXSW 2010 from WOXY on Vimeo.

Known for their incredible live shows, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings are a part of a revivalist movement for their genre (they even recorded their 2010 album on an eight-track tape machine). I'm excited!

First though, I have to go to the Gastro Clinic and hopefully that doctor isn't late because I want to get my sweet butt home for a nap before the show. I want to be rearing to go later!

No comments: