Monday, May 2, 2011

Team Flakes

there is no "I" in team but there is an "eat"

In a recent post, I went on a tiny tangent about a cereal I remember loving (for a short time) as a child. My other favorite was one my brother turned me onto the short while that he did live in the house while I was alive (that makes it sound like I died at some point. I didn't). Team Flakes. My brother who is 12 years older than me was a child of the 70's so as a result, I associate him with the color orange, the TV show Webster, and food from the late 70's. Team is the perfect example of two of those things. Orange and 70's food.

The flakes were crunchy and often big so when you first poured the cereal in you had to be careful to take small spoonfuls so you didn't cut up your mouth. By the time I made my way 3/4's of the way through the bowl the flakes were starting to soften up just a little making it easier to cram as much as possible into my mouth. It's was one of those cereals that tasted just as good on it's own, dry as it did with milk.

But alas, as many things do... it was pulled off the shelves, never to return. I loved it. I'm sad that it's gone. Almost as sad as when I found out I could no longer get Jiff peanut butter here *pout (I can still buy it in the states though).

Do you remember Team Flakes? I faintly remember the box pictures above but the box I really remember is the one with the guy running (by guy, that may just have been Terry Fox?)- I just tried to find it but didn't have any luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss that cereal so much.