Monday, May 16, 2011

Tell Me What You Know About Maui

Venice Falls, Maui

I'm embarking on an adventure next month to Maui, Hawaii with JP. I've never been before and I'm so excited. Even as the days are getting warmer here in Calgary and every day I see more and more green... there still isn't an ocean. There aren't palm trees and I can't get lei as soon as I get off the plane.

Maui... I'm excited. I want to go hiking. I want to see a volcano. I want to be overwhelmed with natural beauty and good food. I want to come back smelling like coconuts and pineapple. I want to gain 10 lbs from eating too much seafood and macadamia nuts.

So tell me, I'm sure a lot of you have been... what do I need to do? Where do I need to stay? What do I need to eat? What must I keep in mind when going to this tropical mecca?

2 comments:

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Do you know what part of the island you are staying on? We usually stay over near Kaanapali - which is near lahaina - about a 40 minute drive from the airport.

Whalers Village is beautiful, and it's within walking distance from all the hotels on the beach in Kaanapali.

If you guys rent a car - get a map and ask your concierge about the road to Hana... it is gorgeous and there are so many gorgeous waterfalls (and a black sand beach!)

Get a lei right away - I always love getting them and smelling them all day! Keep it in the fridge at night so it keeps! Have fun... anything you do will be fun!

amourissima said...

Yes, I read about the road to Hana and that will be a "for sure" thing to do!

We are flying into and out of Kahului- a side from that I haven't made any other choices. The vacation is a blank canvis right now which is exciting and challanging.

Thanks so much for the info! If you think of anything else, I'd love to hear about it

:)