Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tomorrow Land


The Future accoding to Fry

When I was in Disneyland one of the exhibits I went into was called Tomorrow Land (it was one of the only things that didn't have a line-up). Pretty much it was a giant, interactive advertisements for stuff. I was actually pretty disgusted that people were at Disneyland and spending their time playing video games (and I love games) but that's another story.

The main focus in the exhibit was "up and coming" technological advancements for your everyday life. Things were streamline and touch sensitive (if that- other things were just motion sensitive. Think Wii without the controllers) so when I saw THIS VIDEO <-click the link) I instantly thought about Tomorrow Land.

Another thought I had- the finger prints. I have a touch phone and I don't know if it's because I am eating all day long or I'm a girl and always seem to be putting on hand cream BUT the screen is always a smear of finger prints.

With all that touching (and kids- I don't care if they are wearing private school uniforms) everything is bound to be covered in sticky, greasy finger prints.

Aside from that, it's actually a pretty cool concept. I wonder if 20 years down the road we will look back on stuff like that and laugh at how silly we thought "the future" was going to be OR if it will all seem just outdated and tacky.

No comments: