Monday, June 6, 2011

Better Luck Next Time


Okay, I'm ready to share my disapointment *gulp. I didn't make it into the final cut for Calgary's Next Travel Blogger. It was worth a shot and I tried the best that I could. I think I lost marks on my video which I created last Sunday night (yes, after spending all day out in the sun drinking Long Island Ice Teas at Lilac Fest). It was rough compared to the people who qualified and amateur. Looking at the other videos, I am pretty impressed with who they chose! I admit... I was a little disappointed but I tried and that's in its self is good. This had nothing to do with luck, it had to do with the best person for the position. It didn't pay anything aside from experience. The idea of blogging while traveling is inspiring through so, if plans work out as I would like them too in the new year I might have lots I can write about. That would be great! Just like this little blog, I don't care who reads it and it has nothing to do with money. It's just a space where I can share myself and if someone finds it interesting or informative then awesome! I'm pretty sure though, there are only about 5 people who actually find what I have to say on a day to day bases all that interesting. But that might change once I start talking about the world and all the little things that inspire me. I like to teach you all about the little things!

So that this is my journey so far. I leave for Maui on Wednesday. It will be my first ever jet lag inducing trip (I've traveled down but I haven't traveled much further than the east coast) and even though I'm in full swing of PMS (oh JOY!!) I'm excited and expect to be amazed by at least one thing a day. I'm going to be an annoying, babbling, giggling, squealing mess and hopefully by the end of it I won't be sun burnt or grouchy. Hee hee! Squish! Squish! Squish!

(apparently I am making up for being so quiet last week)

No comments: