Monday, June 20, 2011

Bossypants


Today at lunch I bought the book Bossypants by Tina Fey. I don't really know that much about her, I don't watch 30 Rock (I've been non-committal with TV recently and I'm totally okay with that) and all I've ever really seen of her was in "Date Night" (I do not recommend). But she looks interesting, I like reading books about people regardless of what kind of impact they have on the world and so I think it will be interesting. It's a difficult thing to be a funny person, to be someone that others find amusing. It takes intelligence and timing. To be a funny person without putting others down is even more difficult and to be a funny person without putting anyone down (including ones self) is ever harder. To be someone who is able to amuse so many other people must mean that there is great depth to Tina's character; her personal character.

So bring in the bossy pants (that's something that I can relate to a little) and enchant my senses or at least make me laugh a little more than I already do.

If you've read the book, tell me what you thought of it.


No comments: