Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tickets to Anywhere


I have two free flights to anywhere. I wonder when I should leave? Where I should go? I can't decided. Actually, I'd love to go to France. I'd love to see the art, eat the food, experience the history.

But then there is seeing an Opera in Italy.

Or there is Hungary and the old, sad, bullet peppered buildings.

Or Greece.

I could also fly to Peru. I can actually fly anywhere in the world right now for free. For free. I'm lucky. I wonder if I should use to bring Laura's mother here from England. She can't afford to come on her own coin but perhaps I could do this for Laura and Viv? Or I could send Laura to see her mum.

I could send my parents to Italy, well my mum. She wants to visit the town where her Father came from before she dies.

Or I could run away to New Zealand and never come back.

Maybe there is a way I could work it so I could travel across the world in one big layover.

I bet I could also go to India.

Or "the holy land"

I was talking to a woman who went to Saudi Arabia and even though it wasn't safe for her to wear jewels, go around uncovered and she needed a male chaperon to get anything done. It would still be fascinating.

I could go to Africa.

The thing is I don't want to do any of this alone. I feel as though I have been waiting my whole life for someone to travel with and just when I thought I had someone I was wrong. Which is fine but, I wonder if I shouldn't just go. Alone. There is something about sharing these kinds of things with people. No, that's not accurate. I want to share my traveling experiences with someone. It doesn't have to be a lover, it just has to be someone who I work well with. Someone like me but different. I've been quietly working on this since I was 14 years old.

I have the means I'm sure it's only a matter of time till everything becomes clear. I feel as though I am getting closer. I'm as open as I've ever been to welcoming things, people and opportunity into my life. Nothing is holding me back now, I just need to open the right door. Or maybe even make a door where there isn't one.

2 comments:

Rolley said...

tisk tisk, no mention of my lovely country!! although, you did mention my brutha next door, so that's okay. hehe. Have fun what ever you choose!!!! I think you should look around and go over all the things you could see/do, then make a list to choose from!!!? : o heh

amourissima said...

I'm scared of the spiders in Australia! :D EEK!!!