Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Just Do It"



I'm not sure how to start this post, it could go in many directions. I want to stay focused and bring attention to this interview with Chris Jackson, a long time friend of JS. Some people just have guts and drive and Chris is one of those people. It truly is inspiring. JS is the same way, I have always been impressed with the way he and all his friends have just plowed through life and made it their mecca. Fearless. Failure just isn't an option.



 
What is your general life philosophy/What advice would you want to share with others?

When people ask me “How do you do it?” or “What’s your secret?” I always answer “Just Do It.” Yes, that's a familiar slogan, but it’s true. Too many people dream or just talk about what they really want to do and never actually do it. Fear holds people back, although there is a lot to be afraid of when you are risking your life savings on your new business. I have done it over 15 times. The thing you need to be sure of is how bad do you really want it. For me, failure has never been an option, not that failure has not been pounding on my door several times. When that happens it’s just time to work more, work harder, and work smarter. Besides, I had no other option; who would hire me if I failed? Seriously!


That's good advise. Being an over thinker like me, it's scary and a little threatening to be so sure. I am also aware that the over thinking is just a form of procrastination. If I have nothing to lose, why bother over thinking something? Just do it. I said those words to my friend KG the other day. "Don't think, just do."



**Also, on a side note. I have been thinking about going to Costa Rica for the last few months. Chris' interview has reminded me again that I want to go. I'm doing research right now so maybe I should just get my money together and just do it!

No comments: