Monday, July 4, 2011

Onesie Monday's



The wind kept the sun cool on my skin as I sat, reading my book. People were wandering dream like through the flowers, along the rock and dirt paths almost as though they were following a labyrinth. The week before I had sat in a similar area, the sun much hotter on my face, and I read. This time, I was distracted by the people and my tummy, so I took myself out on a date. I haven't been out with myself in a long time. Well, that's not true. I often take myself out for breakfast on the weekend. I enjoy the pensive early morning moments. The servers have time the chat and I have space to read my paper.

I ate so much. It's nice when I can eat at my own pace. 2 glasses of french wine, chicken thigh, breast and leg done in lemon and fennel, celery salad (so good!), some kind of brownie with raspberries and 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream (I don't usually like ice cream). There were a few other onesies on the patio, enjoying the moment. We'd lift our glasses to each other to acknowledge our "Onesie Monday" and then return our attention to our meals again.

This post is dedicated to my new found relationship with myself.



"Loving you is where it's at... thank you baby."
Blood, Sweat and Tears

No comments: