Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Introducing: B. in the City




I have been wanting to do this for a long time. A few years ago I started a blog series in My Dog, Dinner called B. in the City and it was all about all the things I did or you could so in the city of Calgary.

It didn't last that long. I still labeled some of my adventures as B. in the City but I stopped going out of my way to post things.

A few months ago I created a new blog called B. in the City (B. being me of course) and I have been updating it with information and events as they come to me. Sadly, I don't have the time to put all the events that I find but I put the ones that interest me the most. I always receive feedback about the amount of knowledge that I have of happenings in the city so I thought it might be nice to have a "go to" place where all of my information can be accessed (as side from picking my brain).

My intention is to bring attention to the things I think deserve attention. Events, festivals, eats, adventures, free stuff, local products, presale codes for concerts I am interested in, etc. I am not really sure how it's going to look in a year. I hope it will be full and well developed like My Dog, Dinner. I haven't been able to figure out how to make it stand-out in Google searches but it will come. There is a hair place in the states that I think is kind of pissed off I have the same title.

There is a link on the right side of my blog (exact picture that is posted above-- for now) that will take you directly there or you can also find it in my blog list just below on the right side again.

It's been fun so far finding stuff to write about. There should be lots more in the coming months to update and when I get my cookie business up and running, I'll be posting about that in there as well. GO ME!

If you have any feed back, please let me know. I am all ears.

I do this for that one person on a Saturday night, wondering what the hell they can do in the damn city that doesn't involve going to the bar or to the movies.

I do this for the person who has just asked out their soul mate and has no idea where to take her and wants to do something special.

I do this to help spread awareness about the gems this little city of ours has to offer.

I do this to try and make life a little easier and a lot more fun.

I do this for all of you. You have supported me this far, and I love you.

Lets hear it for funny dreams and know-it-alls! *cheers!


No comments: