Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Running




One day I woke up and hit the ground running. Seriously. I said to myself "I feel like running" and so I put my shoes on and headed out the door. I haven't missed a day since. Every day I can run longer and faster, I found my good running shoes and I've put that tiny iPod Nano ( I call her Tinkerbell) I won a few years ago to use.

I run for about an hour, I do about 10k. I never really kept track until last night when I mapped my rout on Google Maps. I don't know if that is a good amount to start with. I haven't really ran since Jr. High when I was on the Track and Field team. I won stuff, I was an excellent sprinter and had awesome stamina for long distance.

I love my body, it treats me so well. I'm so lucky to have such a well balanced machine that despite the odd upset tummy do to hormonal changes in my system, I can do just about anything. Running feels like I'm giving back to it. As well, it motivates me to nourish it with foods it needs. My body tells me what it wants and I go and put it in my mouth. Tonight it wants a steak sandwich, steamed veggies and lots of carbs.

I'm going to keep running until I'm done.

2 comments:

Calvin said...

Run Forrest!

heh :)

amourissima said...

I am run-ning.

(hey, you finally watched that movie, now you really can qoute from it!)