Monday, August 29, 2011

Say it Outloud


This morning as I was getting ready for work a commercial came on for The Bay. The husky voiced president, Bonnie Brooks, went on to explain some of the "exciting" changes the department store has made as well as introducing their new on-line magazine "B Insider". It may look innocent enough on paper but hearing it on the radio my ears picked-up something else. Go on, say it out loud. Have another person sitting next to you say it out loud and hear what I hear.

Bad.

It makes me wonder, did they not talk about this at all? Was there not a brainstorming meet with names being tossed around? Did someone stop and say "Hey, wait... this kind of sounds like something else... "

The saving grace of course is that on paper, with the "B" from The Bay, it looks great and totally not suggestive.

Anyway, that was the start to my morning. I did a search to see if I could find a sound bite or something but I seem to have been the only one with perverted enough ears to have heard it.

1 comment:

The Clever Pup said...

Sounds like McWrap to me!