Monday, August 8, 2011

The Sound of You



It happens when you least expect it.

It was bound to happen-- I knew one day it would.

Friday night, walking into a store, my mind on the things I need to pick up... how I parked the car, the route I plan to use to get home. It took a few minutes for me to hear it. My ears slowly start to notice and then my mind started working on the memory, locating it. As quickly as it came to me, it's gone. A dusty fragment of a time that now feels so long ago.

Songs can transport us, like time travel vessels. Of course, like with all time travel, things can not be undone and I suppose I wouldn't really want to change anything anyway. It was nice to be reminded though, because I often wonder if you were even real. Or with that memory of yours, if you even remember me. It's silly... I know.




Mental stimulation (trust me to put a rational, over-thought spin on things).


Perhaps this is why you were in my dreams last night...

No comments: