Thursday, October 13, 2011

Espresso Book Machine



sexy beast

Today I read an article about something called an Espresso Book Machine, an interesting addition to the physical book world. I worry about books, the pages and the paper. I worry that one day, there will be no more. I am resistant to getting an e-reader. My wonderful friend CW has been using and loving one for the last few years, I'm just far too stubborn right now. I held on tight to the typewriter and I'll hold on even tighter to my books. It's important though, that my much loved book stores stay a float and do whatever the heck they can to stay in business. So, if that means resorting to keeping less "go-to" books in stock and making them available for print on demand, then so be it. Good examples would be paperback versions of To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Grapes of Wrath or the Thesaurus, books that people don't just stumble upon but more or less go looking for.

What do you think of the Espresso Book Machine? Will it go by way of the mini-disk player or will it stand strong and come though with such force that it will change things forever?

No comments: