Friday, December 9, 2011

Alone



"It's that state of mind when you notice someone hasn't been around but someone else will look after it. People get so involved in their own lives that they loose sight of others. It's natural and very sad. We just expect that someone else is taking care of that person or that someone else knows what's going on... not always the case. This story reminds me not to just think but to act. Check in on people when I think about them, try to connect. If I notice someone hasn't been around, I'll try and message them. Can't change loneliness but sometimes you can help someone feel less alone."

I wrote this in response to a sad article I read on Facebook, about a woman named Vincent.

2 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

Hard to believe.

amourissima said...

I feel so sad knowing that she died alone. That bothers me a lot. That even though she had friends, they didn't notice? Very hard to believe.