Saturday, January 21, 2012

Waking Up

Today I woke up at 5 a.m.

It's just what I do in the winter. I wake up and lay in bed until something opens, something happens or daylight breaks. Usually if I'm bed alone I play games or try to nap, if I'm lucky I might fall back asleep. That's if I'm lucky or really tired... Usually by that point though my mind has started humming and there isn't any way to turn it off.

I often look at my window. The curtains are drawn and only a crack of downtown light shines through and I am thankful I bought those blackout curtains. I am often reminded of one Saturday in June when I looked at my window, completely intertwined in missing heartbreak. I've almost forgotten what that felt like in my body, I just knew it was awful.

I also remember one Sunday in July when I woke-up and just wanted to run. So I did. And I ran almost everyday till my body had enough. That was a good day.

My iPhone is an amazing thing. I love it. It makes staying in bed that much easier because I can do so much from it. I watch a lot of YouTube. One of my favorite things is sharing that with someone else. Memories of Saturday Morning cartoons are instantly brought foreground. Old songs, funny videos... I love it.

***

Dawn has broke and the grocery store is now open. I suppose I should get out of bed now and get my day started.

Have a lovely morning.


Posts from my phone

No comments: