Monday, February 27, 2012
Monday, February 20, 2012
Today I am PMSing and it causes me to feel completely out of control of myself.
Once a month, out of 3 weeks of normal I feel sad, sensitive and lonely. I am lucky to have friends that will be there for me and allow me to be emotional without the assumption that there is something wrong with me. The change in hormones is so drastic that it changes my life for a few days. And I panic a little. Tomorrow I'm going to call the doctor and make an appointment to see if there is anything that can be done to change this just a little.
I'm worried that it effects my relationship. I'm worried that it effects my life because it changes my ability to be consistent.
And today, that's a little truth about me.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
Basic Sugar Cookies½ cups Softened Butter¾ cups Sugar1 Egg1 teaspoon Vanilla1-½ cup Flour½ teaspoons Baking Powder¼ teaspoons Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the room temperature butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in an egg and then vanilla. On a low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Equally divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until it is firm enough to work with.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about a ¼-inch thickness and cut out shapes as desired. Place the cookies onto parchment paper or a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, watching closely until the cookies appear to almost turn golden around the edges. I also check the bottoms to see when mine are done as the top might still be very light but if the bottoms are a light golden brown they are done! Let cool completely before frosting.
ICING1 cup Powdered Sugar2 teaspoons Milk, Up To Double The Amount, As Needed2 teaspoons Light Corn Syrup¼ teaspoons Vanilla4 drops Red Food Coloring, If Desired
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and milk until smooth. Mix in the corn syrup and vanilla until smooth and glossy. If it is too thick, add the milk in 1/2 teaspoon increments.
- Add drops of food coloring to each bowl to reach your desired intensity of color. Spread over completely cooled cookies (Top with heart-shaped sprinkles, if desired). Let it sit until the icing is hardened, which takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Monday, February 6, 2012
The plan right now is to go to New York in April.
I have started my quest to find accomidations, I'm excited. I found Hotel on Rivington which reminds me of one of the places I stayed in LA.