Thursday, April 18, 2013

Candy Dish



I have a candy dish on my desk. It's filled with candy (fancy that!) and the original intention was to make it inviting for people to come into my lair office and be my friend. Well, I have learnt a few things...

Covered Candy Dishes are Lame:
Mine is a stuffy Waterford Candy dish which is special because I find fussy cut crystal to be special. I got it from my years of working in high end jewelery and gift ware. We used to get stuff for free all the time. Also, the candies still get stale. *sad face

No One Likes Salt Water Taffy Except for Me:
Truth! I love the stuff and I ate so much of it that it gave me a headache (over use of jaw muscles-- TMJ) and I thought it was from the weather and the florescent lights but really it was from eating too much candy.

No One Likes the New Girl:
It's true, people are often not too keen on the new person and the people in my group are like the cool kids in high school (I don't fit in and I don't care but sometimes I make it weird and I don't mean too) and so it's been hard. Plus I came from a smaller office that I had been at for 5 years so, I had family. I have friends at my new job that aren't just the food vendors in the food court but they aren't really in my department.

Location! Location! Location!:
My office is in some side hallway in some weird area of the floor with a one other person and then a bunch of empty offices. I am hallways and a kitchen away from my group and so it makes it hard. I could have naked girls and champagne and people wouldn't have the foggiest idea I was here until the naked girls left as well.

So yes, that was the intention behind the candy dish. I've had candy in it for about a month and a half. I have stopped eating it myself so I won't get headaches anymore (I can't stop at one) and since I hardly have visitor, you would think it would stay the same.

It's not.

Candy is missing.

So either people are coming into my office when I'm not here and eating it because it's awesome and they don't want anything to do with me (not true, they love me... they just don't know it yet).

OR

The cleaning staff is eating it.

In that case, they can eat it all and get a headache and then I'll replace it with chocolate and HIDE it because I don't need to pay people in candy to be my friend.

The END! Byeeee!

No comments: