Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Just a Typical Day-- Scared Shitless

Today I finished processing the commissions at work. I hate doing them. I joke about going into it with a bad attitude but really, it isn't a joke. It's a bunch of work I don't enjoy and even though it is now getting easier, it's taken a year to get to this point. I sent my BFF a text about how I hate commissions. It went like this (graphic language)
Me: I hate commissions
Her: Stupid Commissions
Me: yeah, stupid Commissions! F*ck you! F*CK YOU COMMISSIONS!
Her: Potty Mouth
Me: send her emoticon of a mouth and then the smiling pile of poop (you know what I mean if you have the emoticon on your phone
Her: Sends me smiling pile of poop and sexy kiss lips
Me: that looks like a shit kiss
Her: hahaha

and with this conversation of great intelligence, we eneded up 30 minutes later with 3 entries in Urban Dictionary and me, laughing out loud on a bench in a park. It was awesome and that's why I love my friend. No one will ever replace her because what 30 something person has a conversation like that for an hour?

I did end up finishing commissions some time in the afternoon (after, of course, finishing a bag of snack sized Smarties-- that's 24 boxes of Smarties) and felt a huge weight come off my shoulders. I had a nice conversation with one of my office mates about spiders and feeling things walk up your body in the dead of night. After work I went to the gym... I kept thinking to myself, "What kind of scary can I do today?"... I couldn't come up with anything that didn't register at a 9 or a 10. I thought that I could mention going to the gym because that always makes me a little nervous when I haven't been for a while. I don't know why, it just does. But I went and all was good, it always is good. I didn't get a chance to sign up for yoga but I'll do that tomorrow. I need to look at the schedule.

I came home, I made an amazing dinner where I use up all the stuff that I think will be going bad in the next day or so. Last night I made this wicked Pesto with a bunch of basil I could see was getting ready to turn on me. I didn't have pine nuts so I tossed in unsalted peanuts and some olive oil. Some fresh lemon juice, parm cheese and blended. With salt. I tossed it on some fresh tomatoes and BBQ chicken I had left over and I had an impressive and delicious lunch.

For dinner tonight I took the left over bacon, green onions, match stick carrots, red peppers, BBQ chicken and zucchini and tossed it in a pan. Threw on some crushed red pepper flakes, chopped up the rest of the fresh pineapple and threw that in there, fried up the one egg hanging out in the fridge and combined it all with rice and some soy sauce. Sounds weird but it was so tasty and I used up almost everything I had hanging around in the fridge. PLUS, I have lunch for tomorrow and it's all FODMAP free.

I played guitar, tidied up, and that's about it. I didn't do anything scary. I panicked a little in my head "Already I am failing at this" and then I realised, talking about the fact that I didn't do anything interesting today and didn't do a daily scary, that's scary to me. To admit mediocrity. I feel good today, I think I had a good day but... I didn't do something scary. So admitting that to you is scary for me (not a cop out excuse, for serious).

Today's scary was: Admitting that I couldn't find a challenge to do today and it's only the second day.

It scares me because I think I often have big ideas and I move on. I am concerned that it is seen as flaky and I don't think I am a flaky person, I just change my mind. I move on to something else. It happens but I do want to stick with this until the end of September at least but I am concerned that it is expected that I won't. It challenges my personal expectations and also, I don't like to disappoint myself or anyone else. I am proud that I am writing though, it's been a long time since I have.

Scary Ranking: 3 out of 10... It's concerning but since I am doing something about it, the scary ranking has lowered

No comments: