I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the moisture away...
Lets face it (literally), living in Canada, winter can not be avoided (unless of course you are a snow bird and fly south for the winter). Depending on what part of the country you live in you might find yourself facing -40°C wind chills, 8' snow drifts, or turbulent winter storms (some coming form the ocean, others just passing along the prairies). Some places it gets cold and stays cold till the great spring thaw, other places bounce between -20°C to +20°C in a matter of days, and then again... other places stay green all year long under a great gray cloud that doesn't lift for 4 months.
And all of these reeks havoc on our skin. Or at least my skin. I'm an outdoorsy kind of person. I walk to work every day- rain, shine, -40°c windchill, it usually doesn't bother me. I go hiking once a week and don't let Old Man Winter keep me away from exploring the hills and mountains. My skin however has a different idea. Yes, I use a winter moisturizer. Yes, I try to drink as much water as possible. Yes, I use a humidifier at home and at work but I still find myself with dry, flaky skin. It never seems to be enough. I've gone so far as to slather my body in baby oil twice a day and put chap stick on my face (the non-medicated kind).
Then I came across this -> Winter Cheek Balm. It's to-the-point protection for your skin. True, the packaging isn't sexy- so what. Sure, we can all have a little giggle over the name of the company, Green Beaver. However, in the end... this stuff works. It's Petrolatum and silicone free. Certified organic, vegan, gluten free, biodegradable and totally safe to use on babies and children.
Do your usual routine with your moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and whatever else. Do up your face in all the blush, bronzer and concealers. Then, smooth the balm over the sensitive areas- the tip of your nose, the apples of your cheeks, your chin, even your ears. Any place that you think needs to protection. Then go out and brave those nasty north winds and laugh in the face of Old Man Winter with his dry sense of humor.

No comments:
Post a Comment