Thursday, May 6, 2010

Six Things You Need To Know About Facebook (an article you must read)



The other night a friend of mine updated his Facebook Status to-"Holy Crap! Your status updates (& presumably other posts) are automatically scanned for keywords and linked to related sites..."
questioning him about the update he sent me the following article:


within that article I found this link which goes into further details regarding the "connections". It's important for everyone to read just so we all have an understanding of how exposed we really are. I'm not saying that we all "delete" our account and start pen-palling again (which isn't that horrible, I miss the days of pen-paling) but just so we are aware. We each have different boundaries regarding our privacy- some of us don't give a rats butt and others would prefer to keep to themselves. It's just important for all of us to know what's going on because I had no idea.

What are your thoughts regarding this?
Do you care what Facebook does with your information?



Hat Tip to Electronic Frontier Foundation for writing Six Things You Need To Know About Facebook.

3 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Interesting!
Thanks~ lovely evening beautiful!

Bathwater said...

I try not to get too involved in Facebook, of course I'm sure someone is out there tracking everything written on blogs too.

amourissima said...

So true, I actually think that Zuckerberg is after me now for posting this. I have best keep my posts on the downlow for the next little while.

Shhhhhh- if anyone asks... you never saw me