the best form of exercise is "play"
Diets, I don't get them. Never really been on one and don't ever plan to be. I joined the gym as something that I thought I should do, that a woman does when she turns 30- pffffft! yeah right! I haven't been in a month. I like my body better when I'm not working out anyway. It's just nicer- not that it looks any different to me. I'm pretty sure my body hasn't changed since I was in High School. I stay active by just participating in life and knowing what my body functions best on.
Here is the reality check:
Don't diet unless it makes you happy. Seriously happy, not tolerable... but happy. Sure we can all improve our lifestyles but to use an extreme example, do you really think you can be a tee-totaling vegan, shut-in, marathon runner forever?
If you can't happily eat less, you're not going to eat less. If you can't happily exercise more, you're not going to exercise more.
Food wise - you can't be regularly battling hunger, it can't be making you feel unwell and your life has to be "normal" meaning you should be able to include food for comfort, food for celebration, with no forbidden foods.
Fitness wise - you can't be running out of time, running out of energy, hurting yourself or hating it.
Your goal should be your personal best recognizing that the best lifestyle you can enjoy and the best lifestyle that you can tolerate are two very different things.
Treat your body with respect.
Side Note: this is of no disrespect to those who have deep rooted food issues. That is a separate entity all together as the relationship with food is compromised and dysfunctional. It's not about food (lack or abundance) and exercise then, it's about something much more personal.

No comments:
Post a Comment