Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Stuck


My foot is stuck in my keyboard cord and my head is stuck for inspiration. blah. I don't like it when I want to write but have nothing with any theme to write so I just end up complaining about not having anything to say.. hohummm....

Lunch just finished 46 minutes ago and I am hungry again. I made a grilled cheese and warmed up some tomato soup- it was good. I also had some mini carrots, 2 yogurts and a piece of fruit but I am still hungry. I want a hamburger- I blame that Brazilian BBQ place for revamping my taste for meat. I haven't had a hamburger in years... turkey burgers don't count.

I'm currently reading a fluff book right now (this is a bonus because I've been put off reading for the last little while) called Bright Shiny Morning. I'm enjoying the balance between outlandish fictional characters and the threads of non-fiction woven through the book. I'm three quarters of the way through and when done I will start my next fluff book called Pillars of the Earth. Over the weekend I was lucky to have had a day out in the woods spent reading in front of the fireplace. I am reminded of a family vacation that we took years ago to a place called Cannon Beach in Oregon. We had a place right on the beach and every morning I would read- when chilly by the fireplace and when warm on the beach. I went through a book a day. I also remember eating Ukrainian food for the first time.

It snowed a lot this morning, I had to wear my unfashionable but totally functional coat to work- lame. They said the snow would stop by the afternoon but I don't really see much of a change yet. I bet Vancouver is jealous of all the snow because I hear that they haven't had much luck with it so far for the Winter Olympics.

Speaking about the Winter Olympics, I watched a medal ceremony yesterday at work. Are they giving the winners bouquets of skunk cabbage? I'm serious! Actually I just did a Google search and found THIS article which explains things. And THIS article goes into even further detail. My oh My! (after reading through everything I have learnt that the Olympic Bouquets are actually Green Mums and Hypericum Berries)



That reminds me, I need a Bad TV Intervention. No, I don't need Intervention the TV show to come and get me... I just need someone to come and intervene in my bad TV watching situation. The sickness has gone from Big Brother (I've watched ALL 11 seasons in a row... ) to Jersey Shore (yes, it gets worse) to now Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew- oooh my! I feel my IQ getting lower and lower but I can't stop, I need help! The reason that reminds me is there is a tree that is often seen at the front of Pasadena Rehabilitation Center that is kind of strange. It has these giant pods on them and I don't know if it's fruit or what it is. Oh California, with your crazy exotic foliage and crazier messed up celebrities.

That is my babble for today, I'm going to go make some toast because MAN am I hungry!



No comments: