Work has been busy, we are coming to the close of our busy time. Spring Break-up (March) is when things slow down for my area of work. My department is extra busy this time of year as well with Tax Season up and running. It's T4 time and printing thousands of them on a bratty printer is enough to make anyone On Monday I went over the Laura's house for Christmas Dinner- it wasn't real Christmas Dinner but it was all the food and fixings that we would have had if it was Christmas Dinner. It was delicious! Laura made this thing called Nut Loaf (I have also found that it is referred to as Nut Roast) which was out of this world. And I quote from Wikipedia:
A Nut roast or Roasted Nut Loaf is a rich and savory vegetarian dish consisting of nuts, grains, vegetable oils, broth or butter, and seasonings formed into a firm loaf shape or long casserole dish before roasting and often eaten as an alternative to the traditional British style roast dinner. It is popular with vegetarians at Christmas, as well as part of a traditional Sunday roast. Nut roasts are also made by Canadian and American vegetarians and vegans as the main dish for Thanksgiving or other harvest festival meals.
So GOOD- oh my goodness! So we had oven fresh Nut Loaf with Mushroom Gravy, broccoli, carrots and baby potatoes. For dessert I made a Social Apply Betty (one of the easiest desserts in the world to make) with French Vanilla Ice Cream- this too was served screeching hot warm from the over. We were both so full and watched the Olympics until it was time for me to go home. It was a nice night.
Last week I talked about needing a Bad TV intervention and so with this awareness I was able to make it 3 whole days without watching anything that I would consider "Make Me Stupid" TV. Last night though I did watch "16 and pregnant" on MTV.ca but I counter acted the bad with 2 hours of science filled learning. So that was good. I think. I learnt about a green sea slug that makes chlorophyll like a plant (Yes- that's right, an animal that acts like a plant!), that one of the moons of Jupiter (Callisto) likely has the presence of ocean well below its thick icy floors. This is exciting because it increases the chances of "life" (more then likely bacterial life as apposed to finding a tribe of Na'vi.) actually being present, though to research and confirm this are far beyond any means that we currently have. I also learnt about something called Spray on Glass which sounds a lot like magic in a can that I think sounds a bit silly.
I have also decided that instead of going into school I should first seek out a career counsellor first and talk about what I want to do and get guidance in the direction I should be headed. I still want to work towards becoming a Dietitian however am still stuck on how best to get the schooling done. I figured that seeing a career counsellor would help me get my head on straight and start moving forward with it. Thinking and planning are one things but actually moving forward with it is a whole other thing. This, I think, might be my best option.. my best baby step. So I will see where this takes me!
Also, I am going to the gym. Blanche + Gym has NEVER been an equation I understood aside from when I was in gymnastics. One of the girls at work though wants someone to go with and I've been toying with the idea for a few years so I decided to give it a try and see what happens. My goals are:
-Not to loose any fat (it's hard enough finding clothing to fit me now)
-Meet interesting people
I want to meet interesting people because I don't anymore... or at least not as fast as I once did when I was a smoker (many, many years ago).
So that is the week so far, I'm pretty excited about everything! What kind of things do you have on the go and are excited about?
Image care of Natalie Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment