Thursday, April 15, 2010

That's Not Really Yoga


I've been kind of going to the gym for the last month or so. I signed up for it because I have never really gone to the gym before (I'm active in other ways that don't involve machines and sweaty, angry men) and my girlfriend at work wanted a work out buddy. I figured it couldn't do any harm and so far it really hasn't. I go to a class on Monday's and Wednesdays during lunch that I was told was yoga. It wasn't, it was on par with what I imagine child birth to be, the first time I did it I was shocked. Since then though I've tried it a few more times and learned to accept that it's a combo of a bunch of stuff other then yoga. There is one thing though that I haven't come to terms with- I need to bring my own mat. I've been using the one the gym supplies and yesterday during Child's Resting Pose I smelt feet. Not my feet but some one elses stinky feet- SICK! I wash down my mat before I start and I wash it down after I'm done but some one has such smelly feet that it is clinging to the communal mat. I have 3 mats at home, I think I can bring one to work so I don't have some one elses foot germ all over my forehead and up my nose.


A bit off topic:
I actually wonder how good wiping down the equipment is after using it. The skanky towels which are fresh everyday seem to be riddled with nasty gross stinky bacteria by mid afternoon. Am I just being over sensitive or am I on to something here? What do you think? To use to nasty towels or not...

4 comments:

Calvin said...

I'm sure glad I read that while eating supper. Blech.

amourissima said...

I'm sure glad you were too!

Plebeian said...

Gross, but not unsanitary. At least not compared to any one of then half dozen door handles you touched getting to work. Still, I bring my own mat.

amourissima said...

I meant to bring my own mat today, but totally forgot. It was a big enough effort just trying to remember my lunch. Darn it- next time!