My brother is coming to Calgary soon for a visit and a job interview at the University of Calgary. He currently works as a crazy genetics scientist at Rockefeller University in NYC, his mission is to help find a cure for cancer (Lupus to be exact). His wife, also has a PhD but at this time she is busy with Drew and Claire- their new bundles of joy.
I'm really looking forward to them coming because I haven't seen my brother or his wife in a few years. I've only met Drew once and Claire, who was born last year, doesn't even know I exists. I'm really hoping this interview in Calgary goes well and that Tom might be excited enough about it to take the job. He has another interview in Sydney, Australia that sounds like a total shoe in but he would be so far away. I know he's concerned about that as well, especially as my parents get on in age (even though they don't act or really look their age).
That is all so far in the future, the main thing I am looking forward to is just them visiting. I'm so awkward around children because for the longest time I have been the youngest in the family. Drew and Claire are pretty much my parents first Grandchildren that count. Dogs, I've grown up with those my whole life and know how to be around them but children? Always a challange, a welcomed one- but a challange none-the-less! Maybe I'll have to learn some magic tricks to woo them in....
I'm really looking forward to them coming because I haven't seen my brother or his wife in a few years. I've only met Drew once and Claire, who was born last year, doesn't even know I exists. I'm really hoping this interview in Calgary goes well and that Tom might be excited enough about it to take the job. He has another interview in Sydney, Australia that sounds like a total shoe in but he would be so far away. I know he's concerned about that as well, especially as my parents get on in age (even though they don't act or really look their age).
That is all so far in the future, the main thing I am looking forward to is just them visiting. I'm so awkward around children because for the longest time I have been the youngest in the family. Drew and Claire are pretty much my parents first Grandchildren that count. Dogs, I've grown up with those my whole life and know how to be around them but children? Always a challange, a welcomed one- but a challange none-the-less! Maybe I'll have to learn some magic tricks to woo them in....

2 comments:
My niece Clair (no 'e', age 4) has a favourite magic trick that I do. It's called "Pull a surprised face every time you make eye contact".
I don't want to reveal the secret here, but unlike most magic tricks it is safe to repeat for the same audience. Sometimes over and over for twenty minutes or so.
To vary it up a bit you can also do "Pretend not to notice she's looking for a couple seconds then pull an even bigger delayed surprise face." That brings the house down.
Awesome!! I'm good at that trick- I pull that on adults and it even works.
Post a Comment