Friday, January 8, 2010

Hawksley Workman

I can't exactly say that I am obsessed with Hawksley Workman because most of his songs are songs that I could write myself while cooking in the kitchen or putting on my pajamas.

Rain, rain
Falling is the only thing you ever do
You’re getting pretty good
You’re getting pretty good at it now
Down, down
Down to where the trouble and hurt does live
Where so many fall
Where so many take and not give
-Rain by Hawksley Workman

alright, maybe not... he takes the simplest things and works them through to a very metaphorical creation. He's coming out with a new album on January 19th 2010 and I just heard the song "Baby Mosquito" which was stunningly melodic. Even for the struggles of the life for a baby Mosquito, I was moved.

The point of the post was basically to quote Hawksley in true Hawksley speak-

"If you are not working then I don't know what you are do and whatever you are doing just isn't working"

So true.
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a lovely one!
I think Ill have a little Nutella this weekend- Mmmmm

No comments: