Thursday, December 3, 2009

For Sarah

What I want to say just isn't coming out right, I keep re-writing it over and over yet I'm stuck. I'm stuck on the idea of you being gone and I'm stuck on the idea of not know what to do about it. There isn't anything that can be done really... I mean in some way because you didn't let the cancer stop you that eventually it would just give up and go away. This ignorant, whimsical child in me thought that magic and love could make it better when medicine could no longer help. You did so much in the time that I knew you, going on two years you moved forward in your life fearless which is inspiring to me. You got married, had a child and just kept on living. Living strong till there wasn't any more living to be done. The only thing that ever stopped you were Chickpeas (which, really, I don't blame you)...

My memories of you are strong and unexplainable in words because often there were no words exchanged between you and I. Expressions of care and nurturing, a moment of honest tears and a time when you held my hands to signify that you were there with me. I would really like to be in Vancouver this week to visit with you in celebration of the life you had lived. I am there is spirit though as I'm sure you will be as well.

Warmest thoughts and much love, thank you for taking part in my life and teaching me the tender lesson of fearlessness.



No comments: