I once dated a guy who gave me an iPod. It was a great Christmas gift! One of the craziest surprises I've ever had! He had put all my gifts in a fluffy red stocking and thrust it into my hands with a sheepish smile. I don't really remember what else was in there- odds and ends that were basically just stocking stuffers. One thing for sure was a pink protector case with a clear front. Impressed and not wanting to hurt his feelings I squealed with glee about how this would protect my already abused cell phone! Promptly grabbing it and stuffing it in this protector sleeve I threw it back in my purse. I think there was a stuffed animal in there, some chocolate and a big Book of Lifesavers- delighted I tossed them all a side and gave him a big hug. The end. But that wasn't the end- he wanted a Lifesaver (which I thought was strange. MINE!). So I opened the box (which was oddly wrapped in cling wrap but I thought- oh well!) and found that there were no Lifesavers in the box but a brand spanking new iPod Video (when they first came out). I swear I wet my pants right there! Going through I found that he had found obscure recording from artists that I was in love with. Writing all the song lyrics down to many of my Led Zeppelin recordings and even writing experts from letters we had written in the notes sections. It was beyond one of the most thoughtful gifts I had received from a boyfriend (it ranks up there with a handmade hope chest my high school sweetheart made for me- I love it even though he marvels at the fact I still have it). As it turned out the pink thing that I put my cell phone into was actually the protective case for the iPod- SILLY ME! I called it- actually I forget what I called it because I think he named it for me. As our relationship flourished and then turned sour so did that iPod- eventually he disappeared from my life and took the iPod with him. He can keep those memories thank you very much- I have the ones that only exists in my mind of once receiving a delightful gift. I entered into a another relationship which found me with another iPod- this one was given to me as he upgraded to something bigger and better. I was delighted to own something that carried 40GB of music. I called it "Pure Life" I filled that thing to the brim with all my favorite songs and when that relationship finally ended he didn't want it back so I was free to be with just my music and me. I had that thing for years- It came with me EVERYWHERE... always thrown into my purse it was my friend and savour through many events over the years. Keeping me company as I worked, walked and tanned (amongst other things). Me and my iPod- my iPod and me... we were joined at the hips. Or maybe I should say, the ears. One day though, it died. 100% died... I mourned over it like I would a family member or a friend. It was around that time that I won an iPod though some thing- delighted to have portable music, it brought new energy to my life! It was purple and I called it "Little B"- it was little and the amount of music it was kind of silly for me to use Little B for as long as I did. It was around that time that I found myself with a new guy who gave me what I call "Sirius Black" (yes, after the Harry Potter character- I am indeed a dork). It was his old one that he no longer needed because he had just purchased a fancy new gadget of his own. Sirius Black is the one that I have now, I no longer take it everywhere with me because I find run the risk of getting run over on the way to work. It's just on loan till I buy my own- one of these days I will... but for now, this is my take of four iPods. The End.Thursday, December 17, 2009
The Tale of Two iPods- No Wait Three! Or Was It Four?
I once dated a guy who gave me an iPod. It was a great Christmas gift! One of the craziest surprises I've ever had! He had put all my gifts in a fluffy red stocking and thrust it into my hands with a sheepish smile. I don't really remember what else was in there- odds and ends that were basically just stocking stuffers. One thing for sure was a pink protector case with a clear front. Impressed and not wanting to hurt his feelings I squealed with glee about how this would protect my already abused cell phone! Promptly grabbing it and stuffing it in this protector sleeve I threw it back in my purse. I think there was a stuffed animal in there, some chocolate and a big Book of Lifesavers- delighted I tossed them all a side and gave him a big hug. The end. But that wasn't the end- he wanted a Lifesaver (which I thought was strange. MINE!). So I opened the box (which was oddly wrapped in cling wrap but I thought- oh well!) and found that there were no Lifesavers in the box but a brand spanking new iPod Video (when they first came out). I swear I wet my pants right there! Going through I found that he had found obscure recording from artists that I was in love with. Writing all the song lyrics down to many of my Led Zeppelin recordings and even writing experts from letters we had written in the notes sections. It was beyond one of the most thoughtful gifts I had received from a boyfriend (it ranks up there with a handmade hope chest my high school sweetheart made for me- I love it even though he marvels at the fact I still have it). As it turned out the pink thing that I put my cell phone into was actually the protective case for the iPod- SILLY ME! I called it- actually I forget what I called it because I think he named it for me. As our relationship flourished and then turned sour so did that iPod- eventually he disappeared from my life and took the iPod with him. He can keep those memories thank you very much- I have the ones that only exists in my mind of once receiving a delightful gift. I entered into a another relationship which found me with another iPod- this one was given to me as he upgraded to something bigger and better. I was delighted to own something that carried 40GB of music. I called it "Pure Life" I filled that thing to the brim with all my favorite songs and when that relationship finally ended he didn't want it back so I was free to be with just my music and me. I had that thing for years- It came with me EVERYWHERE... always thrown into my purse it was my friend and savour through many events over the years. Keeping me company as I worked, walked and tanned (amongst other things). Me and my iPod- my iPod and me... we were joined at the hips. Or maybe I should say, the ears. One day though, it died. 100% died... I mourned over it like I would a family member or a friend. It was around that time that I won an iPod though some thing- delighted to have portable music, it brought new energy to my life! It was purple and I called it "Little B"- it was little and the amount of music it was kind of silly for me to use Little B for as long as I did. It was around that time that I found myself with a new guy who gave me what I call "Sirius Black" (yes, after the Harry Potter character- I am indeed a dork). It was his old one that he no longer needed because he had just purchased a fancy new gadget of his own. Sirius Black is the one that I have now, I no longer take it everywhere with me because I find run the risk of getting run over on the way to work. It's just on loan till I buy my own- one of these days I will... but for now, this is my take of four iPods. The End.
Labels:
Music,
Thoughts,
Thursday,
Tis The Season,
Who I Am
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment