Thursday, November 19, 2009

Everything Bagel


There is no such thing as always and never but there is something called everything and that everything is a bagel. And in my honest opinion not a very nice bagel at that. Since when are poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic, salt, dried onions and cinnamon together a good thing (thank HEAVEN it doesn't have raisins and blueberries too). Don't get me wrong, I like adventurous things to tickle my taste buds but this never tastes good to me. Think about when you were a little kid and took all your favorite colored paints and put them all together- what did you get? Muddy, mucky, pukey brown. Same thing here, but instead of getting the color brown you get the taste of muck. I know, I know... there are people out there who like them. I use to work across the hall from a girl who did (there were however a lot of things I didn't under stand about her but that's a whole other post)- it was her favorite type. So please excuse me if I have offended you, I'm sure out there in this vast world of bagels, there is an Everything Bagel that I may like. Calgary is no where near being a major player in the bagel game so I imagine that our specimens are only sub par. Maybe I'm putting the wrong spread on it too... perhaps an Everything Bagel deserves the best of the best. Lox and Capers or Bacon and Mustard? Maybe I should make this a quest of mine... something to do before I turn 30?


What do you think, are you a fan of the Everything Bagel?






1 comment:

Calvin said...

I LOVE my everything bagels. Although the ones I get don't have cinnamon or salt on them. I guess they aren't everything bagels. pout.

l8r,
C