Last night my friend Jeremy from work came over and helped me out with the first achievement of my
by being my most recent Cribbage victim.
...and I quote "#18- Play Cards"
I'm a big fan of Crib, my Grandmother and I use to play every Easter- obviously being the one who taught me, she taught me well. I'm very lucky at Crib and think I should quit my day job and play it professionally... but I'm too young for that right now. I am the Bobby Fisher of Crib- does that make me a geek or just braggy? tee hee.. of course, I'm just exaggerating... I enjoy Crib and my mind thrives on the simple math and problem solving. For me, there is often no easier rush then getting a hand that spills out 16, 20, 29... I'm easily amused what can I say!
...and I quote "#18- Play Cards"
I'm a big fan of Crib, my Grandmother and I use to play every Easter- obviously being the one who taught me, she taught me well. I'm very lucky at Crib and think I should quit my day job and play it professionally... but I'm too young for that right now. I am the Bobby Fisher of Crib- does that make me a geek or just braggy? tee hee.. of course, I'm just exaggerating... I enjoy Crib and my mind thrives on the simple math and problem solving. For me, there is often no easier rush then getting a hand that spills out 16, 20, 29... I'm easily amused what can I say!
However put me down in front of a hand of Gin Rummy and I loose like my life depends on it.
PS: Thanks Jeremy for being a good sport- you were awesome to play against!
PPS: This also unoffically falls under:
#4- Dust off my camera and take some pictures
#30- Laugh at least 57 times
#30- Laugh at least 57 times
2 comments:
WOHO!
hah, how cool. My Dad taught us all Crib when we were little.. we often sat around on weekend-end-nights playing crip together, or with our Nan. I haven't played since I was little.... : s
I remember playing with broken matches too, when the little stick thingies (pegs? um, what are they called?) were missing. hehe.
That's a good idea, we usually pull out the toothpicks if there are any pegs missing. It's a fun game, great way to spend a night with the family!
Post a Comment