Current Music Obsession: Ohbijour

It was a year ago that I first heard Ohbijou on an obscure radio station and rushed home to investigate who this band was. Harmonious and sweet... "hushed and heart tugging", I was slightly addicted. Upon locating them online and buying up all the music I could I discovered that they were playing at a venue near me along with 2 other musical obsessions (later to be described).
This small little indie/pop/folk/blue grassy band although outwardly appear shy on stage hold strong in their live performances. Peppered with such instruments as bass, banjo, drums, trumpet, cello, piano, synth, glockenspiel, electric piano, and mandolin one can't help but gap in awe and the talent that exists between these 7 musician. Listen for yourself...
The Woods by Ohbijour (the song that first caught my attention)
They play live in Calgary on November 18th 2009 at the Marquee Room on 8th Ave so check them out if you get the chance.
2 comments:
wow what nice strings. They have a really down to earth sound ; )
I love it when you discover new music, ahhh music.. its soooo good. so good.
You haven't done your latest Monday musicy post yet! I bet its because its not even Monday for you yet hehe. sooo.. I thought I'd post on this one from last week : D
I was at work lastweek (oh how strange that is.. not) and I was looking at some web2 technologies, one was called typepad motion, and ANYWAY the company had examples of typepad motion being used, and one of them was from a band called Metric. Heard of them? I think they're from Canada!?
Anyway, I liked some of their tunes, and there's even a freeeee, FREE I TELLS YOU, downloadable one. EEeeexcellent. http://www.ilovemetric.com/
hehehe. I just felt like telling you!
Post a Comment