Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Symphony of Science

Warning:
The following post included content that may be considered geeky

OK, exposing myself a little here I am about to admit how down and geeky I can get. I listen to a fascinating (and often dangerously hilarious) podcast called The Skeptics Guide to the Universe . It's heavy in the science area which for me, if right up my fancy little alley- think of it as a step up from Mythbusters (minus the TV show part).

I haven't listened to it in a few weeks so while I was working this morning I had it on my iPod, during the opening sequence of last weeks show -November 4th 2009- they introduced something called The Symphony of Science. Particularly, they played a beautiful auto-tuned "musical" piece called A Glorious Dawn featuring snippets of Carl Sagan from Cosmos and every ones favorite human robot- Steven Hawking


It's wonderful isn't it... well I think it is, but I'm geeky that way.

Music + Science + Smart People = LOVE *swoon* I'm not sure how to make food fit into that equation but I guess that can be worked out later.



PS: This appears to be the "link" post of the week... sorry, I just haven't had the time to write out a full post but I really wanted to write... so in turn I just had to link to a bunch of important stuff. blah blah blah.. haha

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Ooooh fun!

I think I like the second Symphony a bit better... mostly because I have a science-crush on Richard Feynman.

I have quoted Carl Sagan's applie pie recipe more than a few times, though.