Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sore Little Fingers

ouch. it feels like burning.  


Tonight, I learnt how to play one of the most beautifully written songs on the guitar. It's butchered and raw; much like how my little fingers feel. But I have the melody down. This is the second song out of 5 that I was able to pluck my way though crudely tonight. It's all starting to take shape.

Slowly and with a little persistence I am starting to grasp the concept.

It's hard to type right now.

***

I was lost in the lakes

And the shape that your body makes
That your body makes


And the mountains said I could find you here
They whisper the snow and the leaves in my ear
I traced my finger along your trails
Your body was the map
I was lost in there


Floating over your rocky spine
The glaciers made you and now you're mine


I was moving across your frozen veneer
The sky was dark
But you were clear
Could you feel my footsteps?
And would you shatter, would you shatter?
Would you?


Your soft fingers between my claws
Like purity against resolve
I could tell then there that we were formed from the clay
And came from the rocks for earth to display


They told me to be careful up there
Where the wind rages through your hair



Great Lake Swimmers - Your Rocky Spine
Uploaded by epb21. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.

No comments: