
I once had a roommate named Steve
Who loved Transformers and eating KFC
Who loved Transformers and eating KFC
Always keen to a good deal
Especially when it came to a meal
OH! how he'll smile when he learns he can get it for free!
Over the duration of the 2 years that Steve and I were roommates I went to KFC more then any other period in my life. I didn't like it. My body just can't digest it... maybe it's the grease, maybe it's the special seasoning or maybe it was just the fact that I always called it Barny's Chicken (I blame my mother for the inability to call things by their proper name). I'd sit there in the greasy booths drinking my milk and playing with one of the new toys I got from the little coin machines by the front door (yes, I was an adult) while Steve would munch away contently on some type of Crispy Chicken sandwich. I'd steal the odd fry and people watch... I can't really remember what we would talk about but it was fun. As gross as it was, it was fun.
He has since moved out and lives near a different KFC but every so often I get a text message from him - "KFC? Blah". Usually I'm busy or not around but I think I will always associate KFC with Steve (amongst other things but those things are not free on November 1st- at least not to my knowledge).
No comments:
Post a Comment