Joanne (left), myself (middle) and Edith (right). Grabbing ropes and getting dirty.
So, anyone who knows me knows that I have been ridiculously busy since June. Summer has been flying by and I've been having the time of my life. Even with long hours at the office and lack of involvement in some aspects of my life- it's been worth it.
I did a little traveling around to some (sorry to say this) ugly places of Alberta- though Alberta is looking pretty good with all the rain we've been getting. Everything is actually lush and green. It's stunning! The times that I needed nice weather I got it and as for all the hiking I do, I don't mind a little rain.
Last night I had my first Funk Fusion Dance Class- it was excellent. I swear I am the worst dancer in the class but I also think I had the most fun. I sweated it up with a bunch of strangers who became friends by the end of 1 1/2 hours. I'm looking forward with massive amounts of excitement to next weeks class. Today, I'm not as stiff as I thought I would be. I didn't stretch as much as I should have after class- we went so long that we didn't get time for a good group stretch. I just did some yoga when I got home.
I have another busy month ahead of me leading into September when I start schooling at the University of Calgary. Eek. I need to find some time to take holidays soon. Otherwise I'll end up with the whole month of December off which would be nice but unfair to the rest of the people in my group.
Lots of stuff happening which is good... there are also some changes in my personal life which have been coming up over the last few months. I hope that it continues to happen and that other things take heed and join the change train.
Anyway, it's Friday and I have to start going through my stuff and preparing for a garage sale in 2 weeks which will be hosted at my parents place. My objective is to get rid of as much as I can. Not that I have a lot of stuff but there is some clutter around that I don't need and someone else might love. I'm going to try and apply the 6 month rule.
Edith and I - fitting right in with our high heels and long hair. It's what all the riggers wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment