Music Obsession Monday: JT & The Clouds
"JT and the Clouds come from Chicago; their music is Chicago music - rough edged, sad, hopeful, and shot through with soul."
I discovered this band while at Folk Fest this year. Funny thing is they weren't even listed on the bill because they were just playing back up to Po' Girl but it was apparent while watching them perform that these guys were fan-freaking-tastic. JT & The Clouds were more then just an accompanying band they stood their own on the stage without even meaning to. Take a listen to two songs that made the memorable list in my memory (I couldn't find any videos I was happy with so I am trying My Space links this time). If the links don't work just find the song names on the play list.
Funeral by jt and the clouds click link for song
I told Laura - who is guaranteed to be my life long best friend- that when I die this song has to be played at my own funeral and she has to dance at it. Actually I said "dance on my funeral" which with both laughed and I had images of Laura doing the jig on my coffin. Morbid but cute. Laura doesn't dance and I don't want sad music when I do pass away (which isn't going to for another 70 years or whatever) but this song is full of life and one can't help but dance. Also Laura can't deny an old ladies dying wish.
Fever Dream by jt and the clouds click link for song
I heard this song at a mini concert early one Saturday morning. The night before I was ripping up a storm on my feet so dancing was the last thing on my mind but 1/4 of the way into the song I could not help myself. I was up and moving- there is a picture of it somewhere. "I'm going to pick you up and fly away"
So, I know that it is not Monday... it's Tuesday but whatever. Doesn't matter. I don't really keep a system here in My Dog Dinner land


1 comment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HinS_Iq-8
Post a Comment