Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thoughts on Love

plato's symposium: aristophanes II


 
I've been exploring love, in my head, for the last 6 months. Maybe it's 7 now. I've contemplated my relationships for longer but love, I've let it be till this year.

I went through a thaw the last few years where I reconnected with myself and my heart. What I needed and wanted became more clear. I am thankful to have had a relationship that was very nurturing to my exploration. I needed my freedom and Independence and I also needed to see that I didn't want emotional unavailability in myself or a partner.

This year, I am completely unfrozen and open to everything. It's wonderful, I feel things with such intensity. The sadness, the happiness and everything in between. I'm connected to it all more so then I have ever been. With this new found capacity, I am exploring things scholastically as well. Philosophy, opinion, self help, judgment, chicklit... I've been devouring it all. Not only do I always pull from my own experiences but I also take with great weight, others and their paths. what has worked for them. I look at their regrets, their accomplishments and I try to learn from them as well. I like mistakes but, some can prevented.

I am reading a book that is dissecting marriage and commitment. It's gone into great depth about it, both the negative and the positive. I'm already half way through and I've already learnt so much. It's opened my eyes to the way ways I love and confirmed for me that its a good love. It's also renewed my interest in Plato's Symposium. I first became aware of eros when I started reading C. S. Lewis' The Four Loves and often reflect on it in my true life. And the other 3 loves and how they fit into relations.

There is so much I want to say but I'm not quite ready to go into any depth about it. Especially not today, my thoughts aren't as clear and articulate as I would like. Plus, I want to really take some time to hash out my thoughts. I guess my intention in writing about this is almost like an introduction to something that I plan to write in the future. It's something that has been on my mind as I go through life. As I look at the relationships I have with others and with myself. As I look at my capacity to love those around me and again, myself.

So with that, I give you love.

And you.

And you.

Yes, even you.

**


 picture borrowed from here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!

amourissima said...

Thank-you!! xxoo